The Canada-Ukraine Foundation (CUF) was established at the 18th Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC) in order to coordinate, develop, organize and deliver assistance projects generated by Canadians and directed to Ukraine.
There was and is a need for an institution to monitor, provide & promote commercial, technical and humanitarian aid; to assess and evaluate projects; to foster cooperation and communication among aid providers; to assist in establishing priorities and developing projects that will maximize impact and cost effectiveness; and to act as a forum that brings together individuals and organizations from the community, private and public sectors, which are interested in providing assistance to Ukraine.
CUF therefore was established as a national charitable foundation that would coordinate Canadian organizations that have projects in Ukraine as well as other projects in Canada.
To assist in the development of a democratic nation with a civil society that maintains and develops culture, tradition and language in Ukraine by strengthening strategic partnerships in Canada and Ukraine.
To attain the vision by supporting, funding and managing humanitarian, economic development, governance and rule of law projects that focus on Ukraine.
Our Charitable Objects
- Relief of poverty
- Advancement of Education
- Advancement of Religion
- Other Purposes beneficial to the Community
- To uphold the law by providing observers to assist in carrying out elections in a lawful manner
- To do all things that are ancillary and incidental to the achievement of the above charitable objects
What are our sources of fundraising
- Donations from the public and private individuals
- Membership recruitment
- Wills and estates
- Government of Canada projects
- Projects of Provincial governments
- Government of Ukraine — In Kind Assistance
- Corporate sponsorship
CUF has a charitable number to issue tax receipts for contributions to projects in Ukraine.