Career Opportunity with the Canada-Ukraine Foundation
The Canada-Ukraine Foundation (CUF) is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join the foundation as an Executive Coordinator.
CUF was formed to coordinate, develop, organize, and deliver assistance projects generated by Canadians and directed to Ukraine. Established as a national charitable foundation that would coordinate with Canadian organizations that have projects in Ukraine, as well as other projects in Canada, CUF has delivered and supported projects and programs including, but not limited to, the areas of healthcare, education, and civil society.
CUF is looking for someone with energy, enthusiasm, and experience to begin building the foundation of CUF’s office and professional staff. The Executive Coordinator position will be based in Toronto and report to the CUF Executive Committee, specifically CUF’s Chief Operating Officer, and work closely with the Executive Committee in the areas of communications, fundraising, office administration, and stakeholder management.
The position will launch as a part-time contract role (2-3 days per week, 1 year contract) with the potential to expand to a full-time Director role and build an office with multiple direct reports in Canada and Ukraine, contingent upon the success of achieving capacity building initiatives and expansion of responsibilities that will follow.
Areas of responsibility:
Support CUF’s Executive Committee and the internal and programming committees by:
- Optimizing communications with major donors, partner organizations and other stakeholders
- Coordinating regular communications to stakeholders, including:
- Website updates
- Newsletters, e-newsletters & e-bulletins
- Creation and implementation of social media plan
- Overseeing bookkeeping, supporting financial reporting including annual report
- Developing, launching, and executing CUF’s capacity building fundraising campaign
- Attending CUF Executive Committee (monthly) and Board (quarterly) meetings, AGM, and other meetings as necessary; supporting creation and archiving of agendas, minutes and documents related to the meetings
- Creating, coordinating, and archiving agreements with stakeholders and ensuring insurance, leases and other contracts are current and relevant
- Creating key performance indicators and other metrics for tracking delivery, timeliness, success, and outcomes (ROI) of programs, projects and relevant workstreams
- Supervising summer students and agency partners under contract; building out and implementing future office staff expansions
- Providing relevant updates to Executive Committee, Board, and key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Supervising, managing and being
- Post-secondary degree
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian
- Clear and concise oral and written skills (in both English and Ukrainian)
- Demonstrated skills and experience with digital technology including virtual meeting platforms, website and social media capabilities, virtual document management
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and adapt to fast-paced and shifting demands
- Understanding of the dynamics of the Ukrainian-Canadian community
- Experience working in environments with multiple internal and external stakeholders and capacity to prioritize assignments and responsibilities accordingly
- Experience liaising with elected officials, government agencies, bureaucrats, and staff o Proficient in programs and applications that will enable presentations and other communications, fundraising, budget and project management and other administrative functions
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and flexibility to challenge the status quo and look for outside the box ideas and novel ways of working
- Prior board/committee experience is an asset
- Financial acumen, strategic planning, analytics and reporting skills are assets
Please send your CV and a cover letter, along with salary expectations to: email@example.com
Applications will be taken until March 31, 2021.