Communications and Projects Assistant
The Canada-Ukraine Foundation (CUF) is looking to hire a Communications and Projects Assistant for a summer contract.
The selected incumbent will work with our CUF Executive Coordinator and designated team members to:
- Organization of the CUF office area, procurement of office supplies
- Routine office duties (filing, telephone reception, etc)
- Assist programming and functional committees with their administrative requirements
- Develop and design social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc)
- Work with webmaster to ensure that website is informative and relevant and corresponds with CUF’s strategic objectives
- Draft news releases for CUF supported projects
- Create annual calendar of events for weekly social media plan (all annual events, holidays, anniversaries, commemorations); this will be the static portion of the communications plan, to be augmented by the organic content from committees/programs
- Take and transcribe meeting minutes for the Displaced Persons Sub-Committee (DPSC).
- Conduct research and due diligence for the DPSC
- Respond to summer camps applicant inquiries, collect, and analyze reports.
- Experience working with community organizations and individuals
- Skilled use of digital technology
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Self-starter, works well in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Ukrainian is essential
- French language skills would be an additional asset
The position will be working out of the CUF head office located at 620 Spadina Ave, Toronto, ON. The length of the terms will be for a period of 10 weeks for 30 hours per week.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The deadline for submission by applicants is Wednesday, June 14, 2023. The application must include a cover letter and resume indicating why the applicant is interested in working with the Canada-Ukraine Foundation. The wage rate for this position will be $18.50 per hour.