CUF Medical Mission 2017
Support the fifth medical team to be sent to Kyiv by CUF. The medical team will focus on complex post-traumatic and acute trauma surgeries. on those injured while fighting as well as on innocent civilians caught in the cross-fire. Click on the image above to make a donation
The Canada Ukraine Foundation (CUF) was established to coordinate, develop, organize and deliver assistance projects generated by Canadians and directed to Ukraine.
There was and is a need for an institution to monitor, provide & promote commercial, technical and humanitarian aid; to assess and evaluate projects; to foster cooperation and communication among aid providers; to assist in establishing priorities and developing projects that will maximize impact and cost effectiveness; and to act as a forum that brings together individuals and organizations from the community, private and public sectors, which are interested in providing assistance to Ukraine.
CUF therefore was established as a national charitable foundation that would coordinate Canadian organizations that have projects in Ukraine as well as other projects in Canada.
In 2016, CUF had three signature projects running in Canada and Ukraine: the Medical Missions (4 in total), Mykola's rehab in Montreal and the National Holodomor Awareness Tour.
In addition to these three key projects, CUF also supported the following projects:
- Psychological Rehabilitation and Reintegration Program for War Veterans and their Families
- Monthly support for War Families who have suffered a casualty
- Ambulance for Ukraine program (14 in total)
- PTSD text book for Nurses in Ukraine plus training
- PTSD mobile application
- Scholarships - various institutions
- Summer camp for ATO orphans
- Support for NaUKMA in Kyiv
- Project Liubov
- Treatment of Trauma wounds training for Doctors
The projects planned for 2017 will be completed as long as we have the continuing support of our donors.